Here’s an interesting dessert recipe anyone should take to this year’s summer barbecue.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
– ½ cup butter, melted – ½ cup packed brown sugar – 1 – 20-ounce can pineapple slices, juice reserved – 1 jar maraschino cherries – 1 box yellow cake mix – 1 – 3.4-ounce box vanilla pudding mix – 3 eggs – ⅓ cup vegetable oil – ⅓ cup milk, plus more as needed
- Heat the oven to 350° F. Spray your pan with nonstick spray.
- Evenly pour the melted butter into the bottom of the pan and top with brown sugar.
- Cut the pineapple rings in half and place into the butter-brown sugar mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- Combine the cake and pudding mixes together in a large bowl. Add the reserved pineapple juice and milk. Add the eggs and vegetable oil, mixing until fully blended.
- Pour the batter over the pineapple and cherries and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool the cake for about 10 minutes before running a knife around the edges and inner ring of the pan. To finish slice between pineapple rings to serve.